Here is a list of best free JXR to JPG converter software for Windows. JXR or JPEG XR is an image format that falls under the family of JPEG image formats. This format is used to carry high-resolution professional quality images as it supports deep color images of up to 48-bit RGB range. The problem with this image format is that it is not as widely supported by image editing and image viewing software. To resolve this problem, you can convert it to a popular image format namely JPG. In order to convert JXR to JPG, you need these JXR to JPG converter software. These converters are also capable of converting input JXR images to other formats like TGA, DDS, PNG, BMP, ICO, PCX JP2, etc. To efficiently perform the conversion, some converters also offer batch JXR to JPG conversion feature.
Through these converters, you can also make desired changes to input JXR images before starting the conversion process. To edit images, these converters offer tools like Crop, Rotate, Flip, Image Filters, Effects, Drawing Tools, etc. Besides this, predefined image filters (sepia, oil painting, blur, etc.) to quickly enhance JXR images are also available in some software.
XnConvert is a free JXR to JPG converter software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Through this software, you can also perform batch JXR to JPG conversion. Before starting the conversion, you can edit multiple JXR images at a time through this software. To edit multiple images at once, it provides an Actions tab that offers batch editing features like Crop, Color Balance, Negative, Saturation, Reduce Noise, etc. After using editing actions, you can use its Preview tab to view the final look of input JXR images. Apart from JXR and JPG, this software supports other image formats as input and output like DCX, RAW, BMP, TIFF, B3D, PNG, WEBP, etc.
The Key Features XnConvert
- File Renaming: Using it, you can batch rename multiple input images at a time.
- Hot Folder: With this feature, you can specify some folders which will be monitored continuously and the newly added images will be converted using recently used configurations.
- Use CPU Core: Through this feature, you can specify the number of CPU cores that this converter can use during the conversion process.
GIMP is a free open source JXR to JPG converter software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. This software is popular for its image editing capability as it offers a wide range of image editing tools. Some of the image editing tools offered by this converter are Layers, Color Level Adjustments, Flip, Rotate, Image Filters, and Effects. Another highlight of this editor is its ability to support images of multiple formats like ICO, XBM, WebP, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and more.
The Key Features GIMP
- Swap Color: Using this feature, you can exchange the background color of an image with its foreground color.
- Animation: With the use of this feature, you can create a simple 2D animation using multiple layers and images which acts as the frames of the animation.
ImBatch is the next free JXR to JPG conversion software for Windows. This software is specially designed to process multiple images of various formats (BMP, TIFF, JPG, WBMP, SVG, etc.) at a time. Using it, you cannot only batch convert multiple JXR images to JPG format but also perform batch image editing. To perform batch image editing, you can use its Add Tasks menu that offers various batch image editing as well as saving tasks. Some of the editing tasks that it provides are Equalize, Exposure, Levels, Lens Effect, Mosiac Effect, Resize, Blur, etc.
The Key Features ImBatch
- EXIF/IPTC Editor: Using it, you can view and edit metadata of input images like shutter speed, aperture, white balance, copyright information, time of capture, etc.
- Process Raw Images: You can also process various camera images through it.
Paint.NET is one more free JXR to JPG converter software for Windows. It is primarily an image editing software through which you can edit images of various formats like GIF, TGA, DDS, PNG, JPG, BMP, etc. However, this software does not support the JXR image format by default. To resolve this problem, you need to install a plugin named PDNJPEGXRPlugin to this software. After the successful installation of its plugin, you will be able to view, edit, and convert JXR images. To edit images, this software provides editing tools such as Color Palette, Paint Brush, Magic Wand, Effects, Layers, and more.
The Key Features Paint.NET
- Launch this software and click on the Open button to load one JXR image to this software.
- After that, use available image editing tools to make desired changes to the JXR image.
- Next, click on the Save As option and select JPG as the output format. Before saving JPG image, you can adjust its quality.
- Lastly, hit the OK button to start the conversion.
IrfanView is yet another free JXR to JPG converter software for Windows. This software is primarily an image viewer software that also offers an advanced batch conversion feature that allows you to batch convert, batch edit, and batch rename multiple images at a time. To perform batch image editing, it offers editing tools like contrast, flip, auto-crop, change color depth, replace color, brightness controller, etc.
However, this software does not natively support JXR images. To resolve this problem, you need to first install IrfanView plugin to this software. After the successful installation of IrfanView plugins, you will be able to view and convert JXR images with ease.
The Key Features IrfanView
- Slideshow: Using it, you can run a slideshow of added images.
- Screenshot: It is a handy feature through which you can take snapshots of the entire screen or a specific part of the screen.
- Start OCR: If you want to extract text data from images, then you can use this advanced feature.